Have you ever tried couscous? I’m not going to lie the first time I heard the word couscous I thought someone was calling me a name. Someone, “Want some couscous?” Me, “What did you just call me?”
What is couscous?
If you have heard of couscous but never tried it’s a dish of small steamed balls of semolina. It can come in very small balls that almost look like rice, or in larger balls which are called Israeli or pearl couscous. I love Israeli couscous, it has more texture and is slightly chewy like pasta. For this recipe, I decided to use Israeli couscous.
These kind of dishes are my favorite! I love it when I make a dish on a whim and end up with a winner. I didn’t even make this with the intention of posting it but it turned out so tasty and pretty I had to share it. I love unique and interesting recipes that are ridiculously easy to make. Minimal effort and maximum flavor, I should make it my motto. This dish is light, bright, and wonderfully satisfying.
This recipe is a great weeknight dinner option when you are looking for something different. It one of those toss-everything-together-spread-on-a-pan-and-roast-recipes. Yup, so easy I tried to make it one big word.
more chicken and salads
- Blistered Tomato Mozzarella and Arugula Salad
- Best Grilled Chicken Ever
- Butter Lettuce and Marinated Butter Beans Salad
- Summer Fruit Dinner Salad
items used in this recipe
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet
- Anolon Tri-Ply Clad Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
- Gray Spinwash Salad Plates
- Acacia Wood Cutting Board With Copper Hanger
- Ivory Organic Rimmed Dinner Plate
- Kitchen Supply Olive Oil Dispenser, Stainless Steel
- Amazon Prime Free 2-Day Shipping (Try a 30-Day Free Trial)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/3 cup dry Israeli couscous
Adapted from BON APPÉTIT MAY 2008
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Carbohydrates: 39gProtein: 38g