I’ve been making versions of this chicken skillet for some time now. It’s one of those recipes that I just tossed together one day when I had no desire to cook but I needed to get dinner on the table. I don’t know why I haven’t shared this recipe sooner. Probably, because I prepare it when things are nuts and I am exhausted.
I love recipes like this because they are easy to prepare, flavorful, and healthy. Chicken skillets make the perfect weeknight dinner option. I also, like to double the recipe to have for lunch the following day. I will usually reheat the chicken and vegetables and toss them with a fresh bed of salad green. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and lunch is ready.
If salad greens aren’t your thing and you are in desperate need of carbs serve the chicken with crusty bread or over pasta with some parmesan cheese. This recipe has a great amount of versatility. If you are missing any of these vegetables or maybe aren’t a fan of them feel free to switch them out. I think mushrooms, zucchini, or asparagus would be some great ways to change this chicken skillet up.
more chicken dinner love
- roasted paprika chicken and couscous chickpea salad
- moroccan chicken with lemon olives & prunes
- tuscan chicken skillet
- chicken, apple, sweet potato, and brussels sprouts skillet
items used in this recipe
- lodge 12-inch preseasoned cast iron skillet
- john boos chop-n-slice maple wood reversible cutting board
- dragonn premium sturdy 12-inch and 9-inch stainless-steel locking kitchen tongs
- amazon prime free 2-day shipping (Try a 30-Day Free Trial)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200 Carbohydrates: 9g Protein: 25g