Guava and cream cheese are a classic pairing. Wrap it in fried dough and you have a dangerously delicious combination.
I made these little beauties a few weeks ago. Thanks to the holidays I am a little behind schedule. So, I am so excited to share these with you! I love love, love, guava, and cream cheese. Really guava with any cheese, but guava and cream cheese especially. Last year I did a savory and sweet guava cream cheese dip. It was freaking awesome! Today I am sharing some adorable mini guava and cheese fried pies.
They are stupidly simple and so addictively delicious. Only three ingredients needed for a big pay off! I mean you can’t go wrong with fried dough.
If you’re looking for more ways to use guava paste I have a few recipes for you!
- Spicy Guava Glazed Shrimp and Coconut Milk Grits
- Guava BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Guava and Cream Cheese Dip
- Mantcaditos de Guayaba (Shortbread Almond Cookies with Guava)
- Fresh Guava with Yogurt
- Way too Easy Guava Mojitos
- Guava-Lime Mojito Popsicles
Items used in preparing this recipe:
- Cuisinart 4-Quart Deep Fryer
- OXO Dusting Wand
- Goya Guava Paste
- Amazon Prime Free 2-Day Shipping (Try a 30-Day Free Trial)
- 2 frozen pie doughs thawed
- 1 cup cubed guava paste
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese, cubed