Simple and elegant crostini that make the perfect appetizer for your next fabulous party.
When hosting any party it’s great to have an easy and tasty appetizer up your sleeve. One of my go-to food to serve at a party is a fabulous crostini. Today I am sharing some fabulous whipped goat cheese and blueberry balsamic crostini celebrating the birth of Joanne’s sweet baby boy James!
I first met Joanne at a food blogger conference. She was so sweet and easy to talk to. Fast forward a few years and we got to spend an evening one-on-one together eating through the Flatiron District of NYC. She introduced me to the best Cambodian sandwich ever and the most amazing passion fruit donut at Dough! She’s sweet, spunky and a straight shooter! She is my kind of girl! I am so happy for Joanne and her husband and beautiful baby James!
These crostini come together in no time, hold and are a flavor bomb! If you’re hosting a baby shower or any party I promise that these will be a hit. Even if you think your not a fan of goat cheese you I am confident you will love these!
The goat cheese is whipped with heavy whipping cream until smooth and creamy. The whipping cream cuts into goat cheese funk but maintains the tang. The lovely tang of the whipped goat cheese pairs beautifully with the blueberries and balsamic reduction. But, because I am a fanatic about sweet and savory I also lightly rubbed the buttery toast with garlic. I’m telling you! These are the bomb!
Following are a list of other food bloggers who’ve cooked up something special celebrating the birth of baby James. Check out all of these talented blogger’s amazing dishes!
Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-ups from Michael of Inspired by Charm
Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Sun Dried Tomato Hummus from Jeanette of Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup from Sadie of Dairy Good Life
Whipped Goat Cheese & Blueberry Balsamic Crostini from Meseidy of The Noshery
Rosemary Flatbread with Baked Goat Cheese from Heidi of FoodieCrush
Spring Herb Cream Cheese Appetizer Cups from Rachel of Rachel Cooks
Crostini with Almond Ricotta and spicy olive tapenade from Heather of HeatherChristo
Chocolate-Covered Rice Krispies Treats from Julie of The Little Kitchen
Orange Fluff from Jamie of My Baking Addiction
Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies from Susannah of Feast + West
Mini Ombre Heart Cookies from Bridget of Bake at 350
Mini Coconut Pound Cakes from Mary of Barefeet In The Kitchen
Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting from Jennifer of Savory Simple
Unicorn Shaped Cookies from Jessie of CakeSpy
Oreo Cheesecake Bites from Brenda of a farmgirl’s dabbles
Lemon Blueberry Bread from Glory of Glorious Treats
Blintz with Blackberry Sauce from Sommer of A Spicy Perspective
Pastel Rainbow Cake from Bree of Baked Bree
Individual Chocolate Souffles from Andie of Andie Mitchell
Items used preparing this recipe:
- KitchenAid 5-Speed Handmixer
- Anchor Hocking 6-Piece Glass Mixing Bowls
- Calphalon 12-in Stainless Steel Everyday Pan
- Amazon Prime Free 2-Day Shipping (Try a 30-Day Free Trial)
- WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- balsamic reduction
- 12½ 1/2-inch french bread slices
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove
- In a bowl combine goat cheese ingredients, using a hand mixer beat until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine blueberry ingredients and toss until blueberries are evenly coated, set aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush bread slices with butter on both sides. Toast bread slices in skillet until golden brown, 2 - 3 minutes each side. Gently rub one side of the crostini with a garlic clove.
- Spread whipped goat cheese on crostini, top with blueberries and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Garnish with fresh thyme.