Crostini | This simple and elegant crostini makes for the perfect appetizer for your next fabulous party. When hosting any party it’s great to have an easy and tasty appetizer up your sleeve. One of my go-to food to serve at a party is a fabulous crostini.
These crostini come together in no time and are a flavor bomb! They are perfect for any party I promise that there will be a hit. Even if you think you’re not a fan of goat cheese you I am confident you will love these!
Crostini are the original fancy toast. Toasted or grilled bread topped with whatever your heart desires. Crostini can be the perfect appetizer or even a satisfying meal. Inspired by the flavors of summer I decided to top these crostini with tangy whipped goat cheese and sweet blueberries.
Whipped Goat Cheese and Blueberry Balsamic Crostini Appetizer Recipe
8 ounces goat cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon salt
10 ounces blueberries
zest of 1 lemon
tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
12 1/2 1/2-inch french bread slices
4 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove
The goat cheese is whipped with heavy whipping cream until smooth and creamy. The whipping cream cuts into goat cheese funk but maintains the tang. The lovely tang of the whipped goat cheese pairs beautifully with the blueberries and balsamic reduction.
Since I am a fanatic about sweet and savory I also lightly rubbed the buttery toast with garlic. I’m telling you! These are the bomb!
These are incredibly easy to put together for any party and are sure to impress your guest. Who knows if you come to love them as much as I do you may just make them for yourself. I think strawberries would also be great in place of blueberries.
more berry love:
Items used for preparing this recipe:
- KitchenAid 5-Speed Handmixer
- Anchor Hocking 6-Piece Glass Mixing Bowls
- Calphalon 12-in Stainless Steel Everyday Pan
- Amazon Prime Free 2-Day Shipping (Try a 30-Day Free Trial)
WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- balsamic reduction
- 12 1/2 1/2-inch french bread slices
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove
- In a bowl combine goat cheese ingredients, using a hand mixer beat until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine blueberry ingredients except balsamic reduction and toss until blueberries are evenly coated, set aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush bread slices with butter on both sides. Toast bread slices in skillet until golden brown, 2 - 3 minutes each side. Gently rub one side of the crostini with a garlic clove.
- Spread whipped goat cheese on crostini, top with blueberries and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Garnish with fresh thyme.