The heat is on here in Texas and I’m on a streak! When it gets this hot, I refuse to turn the stove on after 10 am. My little gas stove heats my small house up like a sauna in less than five minutes. Can’t stand it! So far, I am on a two-week streak of cooking dinner outside on the grill.
I love food! And, I love all kinds of food. I can enjoy fine dining one day and tacos the next. But, there is one food that I truly love, and that is a juicy burger. You all know that I have been doing my best to make better and healthier choices when it comes to food. So, when that burger craving hits me the first thing I reach for are USDA-certified O Organics® Grass Feed Ground Beef Patties. I love these!
O Organics Grass Fed Ground Beef Patties and the full O Organics line can be found exclusively at your local Albertsons or Tom Thumb. For such a long time, organic was synonymous with pricey. But, O Organics makes great-tasting organic food available to everyone at a great value. I love my Tom Thumb! It’s five minutes from my house, it always has what I need for a healthy dinner, and I am in and out in no time.
An excellent way to conserve carbs when making hamburgers is to use portobello mushrooms as buns. And, I figured if I was going to be using portobellos as buns it made sense to make Philly cheese burgers. The patties are tender and flavorful. They are topped with melted provolone, caramelized onions, and peppers, tangy mild banana peppers, and sandwiched between two grilled portobello mushrooms. Are you drooling yet?
If carbs aren’t your concern go with a bun and then add sliced mushrooms in when cooking the peppers and onions. But, this burger is so full of flavor you will barely miss the bread. Make sure you have plenty of napkins because, like any good burger, this one can get messy.
This burger and O Organics will make you a rock star at any summer BBQ. You will wow your family and friends and be declared master of the grill.
I buy my O Organics and Open Nature products at my local Tom Thumb, Randalls, and Albertsons, and you can also find them at all Albertsons family of grocery stores, including ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Safeway, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
more burger love
- spicy chorizo burger with pimento cheese
- thai peanut butter and bacon burger
- greek turkey burgers with tzatziki sauce
- filthy burgers (beef, barbecue pulled pork & bacon burgers)
- kimchi burger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1lb package [i]O[/i] Organics Grass Feed Ground Beef Patties
- hamburger seasoning
- 8 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup banana peppers
- Heat a large cast iron or heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle with olive oil. Heat the pan over until the oil is shimmering.
- Add peppers and onions, and sprinkle with salt, stir to coat the onions and peppers with the oil. Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. If they start to stick or burn lower the heat to medium. Transfer the onions and pepper to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. With a paper towel pat the patties dry. Sprinkle patties with hamburger seasoning on each side. If your seasoning does not contain salt also sprinkle with salt. Place the patties and portobellos on the sheet pan.
- Place hamburger patties and portobellos on the grill. Discard the foil or parchment paper on the sheet pan. Grill hamburger patties and portobellos for 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer patties and portobellos to the sheet pan. Top each patty with a slice of provolone cheese. Tent the patties with foil and let the burgers rest and the cheese to melt.
- To build your burgers top four portobellos with patties, peppers and onions, banana peppers, and with remaining portobellos. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 640Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 657mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 51g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.