One of my Hubby’s favorite food for breakfast is french toast, so I decided to kind of do some french toast but just a little different. Same ingredients just made differently. I made what some call eggs in a basket, egg in a hole or bird’s nest, what do you call them? It was super yummy.
More Breakfast Egg Love:
- Bagel Egg in a Hole with Avocado
- Loaded Sweet Potato Hash and Eggs
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
- Baked Eggs and Smoked Salmon
- Bacon and Egg Toast Cups
Items Used in this Recipe:
- 4 pieces hearty whole grain bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat your griddle skillet at 300 degrees. Cut a 1 to 1½ inch hole into the center of your bread. Butter your bread and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon on both sides.
- Place bread on the skillet and crack egg into the hole. Let it cook for a few minutes and flip. I cooked it till the yolk was still soft but not runny.