Today I have a treat. I am a self-professed failed baker. I can cook almost anything but for some reason, baking has never really been my forte. I have had many failed experiences when it comes to baking, but today I was successful. On Sunday a girlfriend from church asked me to make her a Tres Leche cake for a school event. I was a little hesitant because of my track record but I ultimately agreed. I have made this dessert in the past with a pre-made cake that I soaked in the milk mix, but this time I thought I would be daring and try to make it all from scratch.
I went on the hunt for a recipe and found a traditional Tres Leche cake, I made some adjustments and gave it a coconut twist, enjoy!
More Coconut Cake Love:
- Triple Coconut Pound Cake
- Coconut-Vanilla Bean Cake with Coconut Meringue Butter Cream
- Slow-Cooker Raspberry Coconut Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Cake with Coconut Streusel
Items Used in this Recipe:
- Nordic Ware Aluminum Commercial Rectangle Cake Pan
- Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
- KitchenAid Artisan 5-qt Mixer
- KitchenAid 5-Speed Handmixer
- Anchor Hocking 2-qt Glass Batter Bowl
- GIR: Get It Right Premium Silicone Ultimate Spatula, 11 Inches, Studio White
- Amazon Prime Free 2-Day Shipping (Try a 30-Day Free Trial)