I got just what I wanted a bright and beautiful vegetable dish. I made sure to roast the beets until they were sweet with crunchy edges. I quickly sautéed the greens until they were bright green and just starting to wilt. It was important to me that they still have a bit of bite and a lot of bright colors. The burrata was a perfect complement to the sweet jeweled roasted beets.
more fall dishes
- fall panzanella salad
- balsamic roasted fall vegetables with sumac
- roasted fall vegetable and italian sausage sheet pan
- balsamic beets & goat cheese toasts
- 3 red beets with tops
- 3 golden beets with tops
- 6 carrots, halved lengthwise
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- salt to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops of the beets, reserving the beet greens. Scrub the beets clean, half and slice. Clean ribs off the beet greens and tear the greens into pieces. Set aside. Keep the red beets separate from the rest of the vegetables if you don't want the colors to bleed. Toss beets and carrots in olive oil with salt. Spread in one layer on sheet pan. Again keeping red beets separate from the rest of the vegetables if you don't want the colors to bleed. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and browned.
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Right before the vegetable are read from the oven heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Quickly sauté the beet greens, about 2 minutes or until lightly wilted. Transfer to platter. Top with roasted vegetable, burrata and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with fresh rosemary.