Roasted Beets and Carrots Salad with Burrata | The signs of fall have finally reached Texas. I woke up this morning and it was 55 degrees. It was cold and my toes were practically frozen.
But with the cold weather comes cold weather food. That means stews, braised meats, and roasted vegetables.
By the way, thank you waterfowl for your wonderful feathers! I decided to get it together, get dressed and go to my happy place…the grocery store.
While I was at the store I, came across some beautiful organic gold and red beets and a tub of creamy burrata. And, it occurred to me that even though the produce selection can be scarce in the winter there is still some beautiful and colorful options.
I grabbed those beets and burrata like I was a beet burglar. I also grabbed some carrots and fresh rosemary. I was going to make a happy plate dog-gone-it!
Roasted Beets and Carrots Salad with Burrata Recipe Ingredients
3 red beets with tops
3 golden beets with tops
6 carrots, halved lengthwise
salt to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon minced rosemary
salt to taste
I got just what I wanted a bright and beautiful vegetable dish. I made sure to roast the beets until they were sweet with crunchy edges. I quickly sautéed the greens until they were bright green and just starting to wilt. It was important to me that they still have a bit of bite and a lot of bright colors. The burrata was a perfect complement to the sweet jeweled roasted beets.
more fall dishes
- fall panzanella salad
- balsamic roasted fall vegetables with sumac
- roasted fall vegetable and italian sausage sheet pan
- balsamic beets & goat cheese toasts
- 3 red beets with tops
- 3 golden beets with tops
- 6 carrots, halved lengthwise
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- salt to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops of the beets, reserving the beet greens. Scrub the beets clean, half and slice. Clean ribs off the beet greens and tear the greens into pieces.
- Set aside. Keep the red beets separate from the rest of the vegetables if you don't want the colors to bleed. Toss beets and carrots in olive oil with salt. Spread in one layer on sheet pan. Again keeping red beets separate from the rest of the vegetables if you don't want the colors to bleed.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and browned.
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Right before the vegetable are read from the oven heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Quickly sauté the beet greens, about 2 minutes or until lightly wilted. Transfer to platter.
- Top with roasted vegetable, burrata and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with fresh rosemary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232 Carbohydrates: 19g Protein: 2g