This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.
I am a chronic procrastinator. Especially when the weather starts to get warm. Let’s be honest I also procrastinate when it’s cold but, that isn’t what we are talking about today. We are talking about wonderful warm temperatures and I want to spend my days outside, enjoying the weather and fresh air. I don’t want to spend it cooped up inside! Therefore, I appreciate two things this time of year, easy pasta salads and my local Tom Thumb store.
My Tom Thumb is less than five minutes from my house. Which is perfect when it’s 5 pm, your refrigerator is empty, and you need to figure out what to eat. I never stress out about it too much because Tom Thumb always has what I need. Like their exclusive Signature line which includes more than 4,000 items – from coffee to juice, soup to cereal, fresh produce to fried chicken, and delicious prepared foods, like their baked chicken, I love the baked chicken. All with a 100% money back guarantee.
Don’t have a Tom Thumb nearby? No worries because it’s likely one of the Albertsons family of stores, including ACME Markets, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway is near you.
I went to the grocery store knowing I was craving a pasta salad, but I wasn’t sure what kind. Following my usual M.O., I walked through Tom Thumb’s aisles trying to decide what to make. The first thing I saw when I walked in was a beautiful display of ripe ready to eat peaches. I knew I had to do something with the peaches, so I grabbed a few. Then like a bolt it hit me, bacon! Have you ever had peaches and bacon? If not clearly you have come to the right place. I then made a beeline to the cooler area and grabbed a package of The Signature Farms® Thick Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon. Not only is The Signature Farms bacon a great value but it crisps beautifully and you know that means quality bacon.
I know what you’re thinking, “Fruit in pasta salad?” And my answer is a resounding, YES! Trust me this is a winning combination. Let me explain the method to my madness. If you have been hanging out here at The Noshery for any extended amount of time you know that I absolutely love sweet and savory combinations. Well, peaches pair beautifully with bacon, herbs, and nuts and that sounded like a pasta salad to me.
If you have even the smallest doubt about this pasta salad, I assure you it is safe to set it aside. It has everything, peaches, bacon, almonds, arugula, mozzarella, crispy shallots, and it’s all tossed in a fabulous honey herb vinaigrette. The awesome thing about pasta salads is that if you want more of any one ingredient you can add more and make it your own.
more peach love
- slow cooker peach salsa pork roast with sweet potatoes
- basil, bacon, and peach baked brie
- bacon wrapped peaches with balsamic glaze
- bbq rubbed pork chopped with peaches
- peaches and cream scones
- peach ginger ice cream with rum caramel
- peach honey mint sorbet
- 3 tablespoons Signature Kitchens® white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Signature Kitchens® Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups cooked Signature Kitchens® mini penne pasta, about ½ a box
- 3 firm peaches, halved pitted and sliced in eighths
- 6 slices Signature Farms thick cut hickory smoked bacon
- 1 cup arugula spinach mix
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 lb mozzarella bocconcini
- 3.5 oz honey roasted sliced almonds