This post was sponsored by Pompeian. All opinions expressed on my site are my own.
Bright and light chicken salad with blueberries, pecans, jicama, and a mint chimichurri. This chicken salad is perfect to make ahead for the week.
5 ways to Identify Quality Olive Oil
- Look for the Non-GMO Project verification seal. All of Pompeian Olive Oils are made in compliance with the Non-GMO Project Verified Standard.
- Look for the USDA Quality Monitored Seal. Pompeian was the first national brand to carry the seal through the USDA’s Quality Monitored Program. Samples are tested for sensory, quality, purity, and origin to make sure every bottle is a quality product.
- Look for the North American Olive Oil Association (NAOOA). Products that carries the NAOOA seal undergo frequent testing. It is also the only program where the oil is sampled from the store. Pompeian was the first brand of olive oil to carry this seal.
- The olives’ lot number and country of origin should be on the bottle to ensure traceability from farm to table.
- Look for bottles that are darker in color. This helps prevent oxidation of the oil, keeping it fresher longer. Store your olive oil away from heat and light.
You know what else is also great for lunch? Hummus! Especially this Tamarind & Za’atar Hummus!
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 10 ounces dried wild blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cup small diced jicama
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ¾ cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper