This post was sponsored by Pompeian. All opinions expressed on my site are my own.
The season for parties is in full swing! There are all kinds of holiday parties and New Year’s quickly follows. Most people think of sweets when it comes to holiday parties but, what about appetizers? I enjoy a good cookie or rum cake but, what I love is a savory appetizer.
Without a doubt, you are I am more likely to be found hovering around trays full of savory bites then sweet treats. And I have a great one for you! Meatballs! I mean, who doesn’t love meatballs? They are little balls of seasoned meat covered in sauce. How can it get better?
Here is how! Make them delicious and healthy! These meatballs are made with seasoned lean ground turkey and tossed in a simple sauce made of blueberries and Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar. The blueberries give the sauce a natural sweetness and the Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar give it just the right amount of tang. Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar works perfectly in this sauce because the grape juice is slowly cooked and then placed in barrels for refining and aging which adds a complex flavor. It is also made from organically grown grapes from Modena, Italy, and harvested at the ripest moment to ensure the highest level of flavor.
I promise you that you are going to love these meatballs and will probably find everyone at the party hovering around them. The great thing is that this sauce works well with all kinds of protein. Think of it as a bbq sauce. Wherever you would put a sweet and tangy bbq sauce you can use this blueberry balsamic sauce.
Pompeian and I know that during the holidays it’s about having fun in the kitchen and experimenting with the latest food trends. For tips on how to trend in the kitchen, including recipes, visit Instagram.com/Pompeian. To share your latest on-trend creations using Pompeian, tag your photos with #TrendingintheKitchen.
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 3 Tbs ketchup
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lbs of ground turkey meat
- ¼ cup of minced parsley
- 2 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place blueberries, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, garlic powder, and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 mins. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender, process until smooth.
- To prepare meatballs, combine all remaining ingredients into a large bowl, mix together working with hands. Shape meat into about 14 1-inch balls. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Pour sauce over the meatballs, cover and simmer for about 10 mins or until meatballs are cooked through.