One of my favorite things to eat during the summer is a hearty salad with grilled meat. A bowl of salad greens and charred grilled meat is the perfect summertime dinner. While I was in Phoneix last month my lovely friend Lynn from 365 Days of Baking and More made a salad with the most wonderful poppyseed dressing! I want to pour this dressing over all of my salads!
In homage to my homegirl Lynn and her wicked salad dressing skills, I thought I’d make my dream salad for summer dinners outside. It’s still wet and squishy outside but, when I sit down to eat this salad I know summer is coming.
I decided to start with a bed of arugula and spinach. I love spinach because it hearty and arugula because it’s peppery. I tossed the salad greens with strawberries, candied walnuts, blue cheese and the bomb dressing. Finally, I topped the salad with juicy grilled chicken thighs.
Trust me when I say that this salad will make a regular rotation on your dinner menu this summer. It’s simple, filling and slap your mama good.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 6 thighs
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 5 oz arugula
- 5 oz baby salad
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- salad spinner
- dressing shaker
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend until emulsified, set aside.
- In a bowl combine chicken ingredients. Toss until chicken is well coated and seasoned. Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Brush grill with oil. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Slice chicken thighs, set aside.
- Divide salad greens and toppings evenly amoung plates. Top with grilled chicken and drizzle with dressing.
Follow The NosheryAre you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest?
Want to get some peeks behind the scenes? Take a picture of my snapcode and follow me on SnapChat!
Subscribe to The Noshery email list to have each post delivered straight to your inbox or follow my blog with Bloglovin.