**Originally posted October 6, 2013** I’m traveling with the husband and pups so I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes from The Noshery archives this week. These french toast waffles are my FAVORITE! They are incredibly satisfying and a reminder of my childhood. They also make a great breakfast option for your Valentine. This recipe uses apple butter, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice to give it a fall twist. But, leave out the pumpkin puree and in place of the apple butter use your favorite jam, I recommend a raspberry jam. Instead of pumpkin spice use some cinnamon and sugar the batter.
I’m writing this and I am sleepy. Like old lady, way past her bedtime sleepy. Did I mention it’s only 8 pm? But, I am determined to finish this post before my face falls forward into the keyboard. I will do this because this simple and crazy easy recipe is crazy awesome and therefore it must be shared with the world.
That’s when I decided to take two slices of challah bread, smeared with apple butter, filled with ham and cheddar, dredged in a pumpkin spice mixture and press them in a waffle maker. If you don’t have apple butter use your favorite jam and if you don’t have pumpkin spice just use a little cinnamon and sugar. Like I always say, feel free to make it your own.
I guess I answered my question.
That is right my friends! I made Ham and Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Spiced French Toast Waffles! Say that 5 times fast. It’s like I couldn’t decide what I wanted so I threw everything in.
Tender challah bread, apple butter, cheddar and ham dredged in pumpkin spiced goodness. But hey, that’s not enough, let’s drizzle it with warm maple syrup. WHAT!!!
Caution, this is so delicious you can go cross-eyed. I’m just say’n.
- 4½ inch sliced of challah bread
- apple butter
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Special Equipment
- waffle maker
- Plug in waffle maker to allow time to get hot.
- Spread apple butter on to challah bread slices, lay ham and cheese slices on a slice of challah bread apple butter side up. Top with another slice of challah, apple butter side down. As if assembling a sandwich. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together, eggs, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin spice, until well combine. Pour mixture into a plate. Dredge sandwiches in egg mixture, making sure to coat all sides and edges.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick butter spray. Place french toast in waffle maker, close to press. Hold closed and press until french toast is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and serve with maple syrup.
Follow The NosheryAre you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest?
Want to get some peeks behind the scenes? Take a picture of my snapcode and follow me on SnapChat!
Subscribe to The Noshery email list to have each post delivered straight to your inbox or follow my blog with Bloglovin.