Spring is springing or trying to spring under a layer of snow in some parts. I sorry for those of you who still have snow on the ground and I am really, really sorry for those of you who just got more snow on the ground. But, don’t worry I got your back. Maybe spring is struggling to make it way outside but, no worries because you can have it on your plate.
OB hates grapefruit. I mean really, really hates grapefruit. But, he was gone on business which meant I could eat all the grapefruit I wanted. While at the grocery store I came across a huge pile of Texas ruby red grapefruit and thought how awesome they would be in a big’o salad. A big’o salad that I could eat all by myself.
My dinner plan wheels were in motion. A big bed of baby greens, avocado, grapefruit and lump crab meat tossed with a citrus lime vinaigrette and topped with coconut chips. I was doing a happy dance in the produce aisle and getting excited!
It’s amazing sometimes how simple fresh ingredients tossed together can take on a whole other life of their own. I fell head over heels for this salad. It’s sweet, tangy, crunchy and oh so satisfying! At first, I thought I would be ok with just a plate of salad but, I confess I ate the whole platter and it was awesome!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red grapefruit, segmented
- 1 avocado, diced
- baby salad greens
- lump crab meat
- coconut chips, for garnish
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Toss desired amount of dressing with salad greens. Add grapefruit, avocado and crab. Garnish with coconut chips and serve.