I don’t know how you are during the summer, but I am always on the hunt for healthy meals that don’t require turning on the stove. Because the last thing I want to do is turn on the stove when it’s 100+ degrees outside. With some simple ingredients and an Open Nature® Whole Roasted Chicken, this Thai chicken salad meets those needs and has become one of my favorite meals.
During the summer I find myself favoring Asian flavor profiles. I love the combination of savory and sweet with a little spice. This flavor profile adds a brightness and adventure to any meal. Which is why I love this Thai chicken salad!
Early in the week I can prepare a large batch of this chicken salad and enjoy it alone with Open Nature Entertainment crackers, served on a bed of salad greens, or toss with some chilled noodles.
Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
1 Open Nature Whole Roasted Chicken
6 tablespoons Open Nature Creamy Peanut Butter
3 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 small lime juiced
1 teaspoon Siracha
1 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 green onions
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup torn Thai basil (optional)
1 package Open Nature Entertainment Crackers
Over the last year and a half, my husband and I have been doing our best to make good food choices. We have been focusing on living life to the fullest and part of that is the goodness of the food we eat. I look for products that use whole ingredients and minimal processing. This is just one of the reasons I love Tom Thumb’s exclusive Open Nature products.
Without a doubt, I love the Open Nature Whole Roasted Chicken! I probably buy a whole roasted chicken 2 to 3 times a week. It makes lunch and dinner easy and tasty. I love the versatility of whole roasted chicken! I can enjoy it as it comes, in a salad, in soup, hot, or cold! And I know it’s good for us because Open Nature never has anything artificial — no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives — and none of the “bad” stuff — no chemical additives, no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils and no unrecognizable ingredients, all at a great value.
Open Nature products are available in my area exclusively at Tom Thumb and Albertsons, and you can also find them at any and all of the Albertsons Companies family of grocery stores, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway. Visit Albertsons.com and TomThumb.com to find a store near you and discover more meal prep tips and recipe ideas.”
more salad love
- dill pickle chicken salad
- deviled egg salad
- grilled salmon salad with spring greens
- tuscan tuna and white bean salad
Follow me on Instagram!
- 1 Open Nature Whole Roasted Chicken
- 6 tablespoons Open Nature Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 small lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon Siracha
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup torn Thai basil (optional)
- Pull the meat off the Open Nature Whole Roasted Chicken and cut into a small dice. Set aside in large bowl.
- Place peanut butter in a medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds to soften. Add coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, lime juice, sriracha, rice vinegar, fish sauce, and salt to peanut butter, whisk until well combined and set aside.
- Add green onion, carrots, peppers, chopped peanuts, cilantro, Thai basil, and peanut sauce to the diced chicken, toss until well combined.
- Serve with Open Nature Entertainment Crackers.