Happy, happy, saucy, saucy…Mmmmm nuf said.
- 3.5 - 4 lb baby back ribs
- 1 cup hickory wood chips
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups Hot & Spicy Heinz Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Heinz white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
Add wood chips to the bottom of a roasting pan, add just enough water to barely cover the chips, place roasting rack in pan and set aside to let chips soak.
Clean and prep ribs by removing the membrane off the back of the ribs and patting dry. In a small bowl combine all rub ingredients. Using all of the rub, coat ribs front and back. Place on prepared roasting rack. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, making sure to make a tight seal. Roast in oven for 2 hours.
In a medium saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour.
Pull ribs from the oven and remove foil. Baste generously front and back with bbq sauce. Raise oven temperature to 350 degrees. Return ribs to the oven and roast another 30 minutes, basting again half way through. Raise the oven to broil. Keeping an eye on the ribs broil until sauce is bubbly and caramelizing, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to cutting board, slice and serve.