Roast Chicken Breast | When prepping proteins my goal is to prep them with as much flavor as possible without adding any calories.
For the chicken, I chose bone-in skin on chicken breast that I roast in the oven. Chicken breast is high in protein and lean. Because it is such a lean meat I roast it on the bone to keep it from drying out. Once it is done I remove the skin and bone and store it for the week.
- 4 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken breast
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- fresh thyme & marjoram
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine salt, garlic paste, oregano, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mix until well combined, set aside. Line a sheet p with foil, set aside.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Season the chicken breasts under the skin and on the other side. Stuff a sprig of each fresh herb under the skin. Place the chicken breasts skin side up on the prepared sheet pan. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle remove skin and debone the chicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:4 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gProtein: 35g