Life is always busy, but it seems that this time year is when it starts to get really crazy. The kids are in school, the holidays are coming, the season is changing and soon enough your to-do list is going to explode. And, just when you think you may have a handle on things inevitably someone gets sick.
In the middle of all this madness, the question always seems to be, “What’s for dinner?”. And, there seem to be a million sources about what to make for dinner. But, isn’t breakfast the most important meal of the day? If you want to keep your family energized and healthy it’s important to start the day with a healthy hearty breakfast.
This carrot cake baked oatmeal is hearty enough to get you through those busy mornings and full of vitamin C packed O Organics® Shredded Carrots to help keep those fall colds at bay. Thanks to Albertsons and Tom Thumb, this breakfast can be made almost fully organic with their exclusive O Organics line. For such a long time, organic was synonymous with pricey. But, O Organics makes great-tasting organic food available to everyone at a great value.
Baked oatmeal is one of my favorite easy make-ahead breakfasts. It can be prepared the night before to bake first thing in the morning or make-ahead and portion out into Signature Home storage containers and freeze to enjoy throughout the week.
Signature Home and O Organics products are available in my area exclusively at Tom Thumb and Albertsons, and you can also find them at all Albertsons family of grocery stores, including ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Safeway, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Make sure you keep your family fueled and strong with a healthy breakfast that keeps you and schedule and your family satisfied
more breakfast grain love
- carrot cake breakfast cookies
- quinoa breakfast bars
- baked breakfast apples
- chai spiced hot grain cereal
- 1 tablespoon O Organics Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 O Organics Chai Spice tea bag
- 2 cups O Organics Old Fashion Oats
- 1 1/2 O Organics Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 large O Organics Large Brown Egg
- 1/3 cup O Organics Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons O Organics ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons O Organics Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup O Organics Shredded Carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup O Organics Raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 dish, set aside.
- Steep chai tea bag in a hot water for 5 minutes. While tea is steeping combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add chai tea and the tea leaves in the tea bag to the bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Spread oatmeal evenly in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with a few more raisins and a little sugar over the oatmeal.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes, or until the oatmeal is lightly browned and slightly crisp on the top and edges. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Let the oatmeal cool completely and then cut or scoop into portions. Store the oatmeal in airtight Signature Home freezer bags or storage containers. Reheat in the microwave with a tablespoon of water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 5gSugar: 46gProtein: 6g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.