polenta Last year I was on a work trip in Phoenix with some of my closest friends. And, yes it was a work trip. I just happened to be working with some super fun people. Just one of the many reasons I love my job. I work with some of my best friends and I get to eat awesome food.
Doing what food bloggers do best, we went out for dinner to Federal Pizza. As an appetizer, we ordered polenta fries with romesco sauce. It was my first time trying polenta fries and they were everything. Polenta fries are literally creamy delicious polenta you can eat with your hands because it’s encased in a crispy crunchy shell.
Now you too can have creamy cheesy crispy polenta fries with romesco sauce! I know that is a lot of adjectives but every one of them is justified.
more fry love
- eggplant fries with marinara sauce
- butternut squash fries with avocado dipping sauce
- crispy parmesan zucchini fries
- yuca fries
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 1 cup polenta (not quick-cooking)
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Olive oil for brushing
- Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with oil.
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine stock, water, polenta, herbs, and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, until the polenta begins to pull away from the side of the pan, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cheese and heavy cream and mix until well combined, transfer polenta to the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly with a dampened rubber spatula. Chill, uncovered, until set, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with oil.
- Unmold polenta and cut into 16 4 x 1-inch sticks. Brush tops with oil and space evenly on a baking sheet. Broil about 4 inches from heat until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm and crispy with romesco sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g