**Republished from The Noshery archives
I love a classic vintage recipe and pimento cheese falls in that category. What isn’t there to love about pimento cheese?! There is just something about pimento cheese that screams vintage to me. It one of the first things I imagine. Spread it on a buttery cracker, and you can’t get more vintage.
I was once invited to a Mad Men theme party and was asked to bring a vintage recipe, I immediately thought pimento cheese. Which, is odd because I have never had pimento cheese. “GASP!” I know! How I lived in Georgia for six years as a kid and never had, pimento cheese boggles my mind.
If you’re like me and have never had pimento cheese in your life I warn you to proceed with caution. I now understand why this stuff is so loved. It’s the most addictive cheese appetizers I’ve ever experienced. I took my first taste, and my eyes rolled into the back of my head. Then I spread it on a cracker, and I was transported into a cheesy, creamy, crunchy bliss.
I could picture myself in my cutest mod dress and cocktail in hand gobbling up trays of crackers topped with pimento cheese. I wouldn’t look class but, my belly would be happy and, in this case, the happy belly wins. My husband knew what he was getting into. 😉
Do you love classic vintage recipes? Below are links to some of the favorite bloggers and vintage recipes.
- Gin Rickey from Bakeaholic Mama
- Whiskey Sour from Pass the Sushi
- Old Fashioned from Poet in the Pantry
- Mad Men Manhattan with Mushroom Pate from Creative Culinary
- Pink French 75 from Kelly Bakes
- Sazerac Cocktail from Jelly Toast Blog
- Classic Negroni from The Messy Baker
- Gimlet from Yankee Kitchen Ninja
- Vegan French Onion Dip from The Viet Vegan
- Chicken Salad Sliders from The Lemon Bowl
- Crab Rangoon from Cooking with Jax
- Fried Green Olives Stuffed with Blue Cheese from Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Asparagus Spirals from Comfortably Domestic
- Easy cocktail meatballs The Realistic Nutritionist
- Crab Rangoon from Cooking With Jax
- JELL-O Crown Jewel Dessert Cake from The Apron Archives
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from I am a Honeybee
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1 dry hot chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 7 oz jar pimentos, drained and finely diced
- Drop diced cheese into a food processor, pulse until crumbly. Add mayonnaise, hot sauce and pepper. Process until smooth. Pour our cheese mixture into a large bowl, stir in diced pimentos until well combined. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.