The Best Carrot Cake EVER!

Birthday Carrot Cake

Birthday Carrot Cake

Looks good doesn’t it?

Go ahead smell it.

It smell delicious….Oh wait, I forgot we do not have smell-a-vision yet.  You would think with the advances in technology we would have smell-a-vision by now.  It would come in handy in the food blogging community.
Examine this cake closely, look at all the goodies and hidden treasures in this slice of carrot cake.  Do you see the raisins, pineapple and pecans….Mmmmmm and carrot of course.  Anyways this is the most fabulous carrot cake ever….well I think so. :D
This cake is a special occasion cake, it is Hubby’s birthday today.  YEAH!  Carrot cake is Hubby’s favorite, he loves the cream cheese frosting.   I surprised Hubby at the office with cake, milk, balloons and Go Diego plates and cups, just because I thought it would be funny. :D
This cake rocked and I got many Oooooohs and Aaaaaaahs from his co-workers and the birthday boy loved it too.   Trust me this cake is so good and moist you will be making it all the time.  Your eye sight will improve, you skin will develop a healthy orange glow, your mid section with get all squishy and make you all that much more huggable.  Ok so the Pillsbury Dough Boy part isn’t great, but the cake is stinking delicious.

Birthday Carrot Cake

1 cup rasins
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained

2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup pecans chopped (optional, for garnish)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 9 inch round pans.

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and add sugar, oil, apple sauce, eggs and vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon until smooth. (DO NOT USE ELECTRIC MIXER) Stir in carrots, pecans, rasins and pineapple.

Split evenly between both 9 inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. Don’t panic, the center will sink a little. Allow to cool.

To make the frosting: Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioners sugar and beat until creamy.

Sooooooo YUM-E!

[print_link]

Comments

I’m not sure why I’ve never commented on this before… I don’t think I’ll ever be tempted to use another carrot cake recipe again. I found this a couple of years ago and I love making it for occasions and get togethers… because I certainly can’t make it for myself – I WILL eat the whole thing). I chose this recipe because of the applesauce… other recipes I found were so oil heavy. This truly is THE BEST… thank you VERY much for sharing it!

2. Vera says

I made this cake for Thanksgiving. It tasted amazing, everyone loved it. I would like to print this recipe for my records, but its not letting me…. do you think you can email it to me?

Thanks, Vera :)

3. Marie says

This was the best carrot cake recipe that I’ve ever tasted! I made it for my Mom’s birthday since it is her favorite and even she was impressed with how delicious it was. I will definitely be using this one again. It was a a hit with the family and friends!

Thanks for posting this amazing recipe!

4. teck says

I found this recipe last night and immediately tried it today.
    It was exactly as it was promised, moist and fabulous taste!
    My kids gave it the thumbs up!

Will go into my do to list for sure!
    Thanks for sharing

5. teck says

I found your recipe last night and immediately tried it today.
    It turned out exactly like it should.
    My kids gave it the thumbs up!!

Thank you for sharing, this will definitely be in my to bake again list!!

6. Carmen says

Greatings from Puerto Rico!!! I made this cake for my boyfriend’s birthday, the cake turned out great, it really is the best carrot cake recipe. I change some things: I used whole wheat flour and brown sugar instead. Thank you for this amazing recipe!!

hi, linked to you yesterday from foodgawker and knew I had to make this cake immediately. we went out this week for husband’s birthday but we had dessert last night. I used golden raisins which I always find more moist/soft.

look on my blog for a collage of the finished product
    this recipe is a keeper

just a heads up re:written directions
    applesauce “cup” missing on ingredient list
    also applesauce not included in mixing directions

thanks for sharing
    wintkat

8. Sarah says

I make one similar to this, but I soak the raisins in the pineapple juice before hand to plump them up a bit (while I wait for my eggs to get to room temp I drain the pineapple juice into the raisins, then when I am ready to add the raisins to the mix, I just dump the juice)

• Naomi G. says

Meseidy you can also try soaking the raisins in rum a day before, I soak them in Cruzan pinneaple rum. Also try adding 2 tbsp. of Cruzan Pinneaple rum to your cake mix or simply the rum of your choice. GREAT BAKING!

1. [...] The Best Carrot Cake EVER!: Trust me this cake is so good and moist you will be making it all the time. Your eye sight will improve, you skin will develop a healthy orange glow, your mid section with get all squishy and make you all that much more huggable. Ok so the Pillsbury Dough Boy part isn’t great, but the cake is stinking delicious. Recipe from The Noshery. [...]