I love pickles.
OB hates pickles.
I suspect the entire state of Oklahoma is addicted to pickles. I have never met so many people who love pickles until I moved to Oklahoma.
How do you feel about pickles?
Although OB hates pickles he loves this pickled salad. Maybe it’s because he loves me so he has to like my pickled salad.
Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute our until sugar has dissolved. Once the liquid is ready remove from heat and add ice to cool vinegar mixture, let cool
While the liquid is cooling you can work on the vegetables. I like to julienne all of the vegetables because I think it look purty. I will leave it to your discretion.
Chop, chop, chop….
Slice, slice, slice….
De de de de da-ra-ta-ra da…..
Hmmm…hmmm…choppen brocolliiiiii…..choppen brocolliiiiiii!
Looks like confettiiiiiii, resist the urge to toss in the airiiiiii. *sorry*
Toss the vegetables until well combined.
Transfer to an airtight container, pour liquid over mixture, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 days.
This simple pickled salad is great on anything, you can also add a little crushed red pepper if you want some heat. Use it in a Cuban sandwich, over grilled hotdogs, pulled pork, lox & bagel or grilled fish, the possibilities are endless. It keeps up to 4 months, but it never lasts that long.
- ½ English cucumber, seeded & julienne
- ½ large red onion, peeled & julienne
- 8 oz sweet peepers (about 8), seeded & julienne
- 5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups white vinegar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cup ice
- 1 oz mustard seeds
- Prep and combine cucumber, red onion, sweet peppers & garlic.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute our until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, add ice to cool vinegar mixture. Pour over cucumber mixture; let cool. Cover and chill at least 3 days.
- Note: Salad may be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Follow The NosheryAre you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest?
Want to get some peeks behind the scenes? Take a picture of my snapcode and follow me on SnapChat!
Subscribe to The Noshery email list to have each post delivered straight to your inbox or follow my blog with Bloglovin.