The heat is on! It’s too hot to be cooking so I do a lot of salads in the summer. Topping your salad with some marinated butter beans add flavor and a substance to a salad.
- Marinated Butter Beans
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 15.5 ounces can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1?2 medium English cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 2 medium fresh radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Combine ingredients for marinated butter beans in a jar or bowl. Cover and set aside for at least 15 minutes, can be longer.
- Divide lettuce, cucumber, and radishes between four plates. Top with butter beans and sprinkle with cotija cheese.