- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 whole avocados
- ¼ cup small diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup small diced red onion
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- salt to taste
- If using a granite mortar and pestle, place garlic cloves in mortar, sprinkle with salt and mash with pestle until paste.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pit. Using a spoon, spoon avocado flesh into the mortar. Using pestle mash avocado until creamy. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.
Recipe by The Noshery at http://thenoshery.com/how-to-season-a-granite-mortar-and-pestle-guacamole/