Several months ago I was watching Rachel Ray and she did a Nutty Broken Spagetti-Soto. It was what I though a great idea. It is basically a risotto but instead of rice it is made with broken pasta. I filed this in the back of my head and since then have made my own version several times. My husband loves this dish and I finally remembered to take my pictures to I could post it. It is a very easy dish to make although you can’t exactly “set it and forget it” you have to hang out with your soto and continuously stir it, but it is well worth the work.
Meseidy’s Red Pepper & Mushroom Spagetti-Soto1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onions, minced
- 1/2 pound baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 cups whole wheat spaghetti, broken into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 cups chicken stock (use vegetable to make this dish vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Reggiano, divided
1. In a medium-size skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, and brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the spaghetti and toast until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper then stir in the red wine, add red peppers and sun dried tomatoes. Stir continuously as it absorbs then add in a ladleful of stock. Keep stirring as that that absorbs. Continue the process until the spaghetti is tender and cooked through.
4. To finish, stir in half of the Parmesan. Garnish each portion with more Parmesan.
While I was at the store picking up some chicken stock to do the spagetti-soto I stopped at the spice section. I found this seasoning from McCormick, Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper. I thought it would be a great complement to my spagetti-soto. It really turned out great and I would recommend you try it out.
Garlic & Red Pepper Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- 2 Tbs of McCormick Roasted Garlic & Red Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1 Tbs of Flour
- 1/4 cup of chicken stalk (this is a guess measurement)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together chicken, olive oil, seasoning and flour.
3. Pour chicken stalk into a cast iron pan or rectagular baking pan. Place chicken in pan and cook in the oven for appox. 15 minutes, then broil at a low heat for another 15 mins or until done. Turn chicken while in the broiler to brown on both sides.