Before the holidays and before, I got in the car and drove half way across the country I was working hard to get things done. I had work to do; clothes to clean and pack and errands to run. It was a string of non-stop days. In the midst of all of this busyness, I still had everyday things that needed to get done…like making dinner. And, I will be honest after several days cooking trying to get ahead of the game the last thing I wanted to do was cook dinner.
When I am tired and feeling lazy, I make pasta. Pasta is a wonderful thing and so easy to make! But, my kitchen was already clean, and I really didn’t want to get it all dirty again. Normally I will make a sauce in one pan and boil the pasta in another and then combine. But, I REALLY didn’t want to have to shlep out two pots in my already clean tiny kitchen. That’s when I remembered that one pot pasta that has been all over Pinterest.
I’ll be honest I’ve been weary of this one pot pasta. I’m a firm believer in building flavor, so tossing everything in a pot and letting it go is against my nature. But, I just wanted to get dinner done. So, building flavor be darned.
I will never diss a one pot pasta again! Not only did this get dinner on the table with only dirtying one pot but, it was perfectly satisfying. It’s really a thing of beauty! It’s pretty much dump, cook and serve. I was so tired I just used complete items. You know one container of this…one jar of that.
The great thing about a dish like this is how easy it is to change it up. Swap out artichoke for olives, chicken for sausage or bucatini for penne. It’s all up you! Think of it like pizza toppings except we are talking pasta toppings.
I love happy accidents like this! Here I am exhausted, and all I want to do is get dinner done, shower and crawl into bed. I was so pleased with it I made it again to share here with you! Because I am all about the giving and sharing.
Take a look in your pantry and refrigerator and I bet you can make some variation of this dinner right now. What is most important is the liquid for flavor and the cheese for creaminess. Everything else is up to you! Mushrooms, asparagus, corn, zucchini, the possibilities are endless!
Go forth! Make one pot pasta and be happy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 6oz jar marinaded artichokes
- 1 10.5 oz package grape tomatoes
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz dry pasta
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup water
- 1 .66 oz package fresh basil
- ½ lb rotisserie chicken breast, diced
- ¼ cup greek yogurt cream cheese
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat add butter and liquid of marinaded artichokes. Heat until butter has melted. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes. Cook until onions are soft. Add pasta, artichokes, 1 cup arugula and basil, reserving a few leaves of basil for garnish. Add stock, wine and water. The liquid should just cover pasta. Bring to a boil: reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cream cheese stir to combine and heat chicken through. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Follow The NosheryAre you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest?
Want to get some peeks behind the scenes? Take a picture of my snapcode and follow me on SnapChat!
Subscribe to The Noshery email list to have each post delivered straight to your inbox or follow my blog with Bloglovin.