My desire to cook this week has been minimal because I was home alone and as much as I enjoy cooking it is not as much fun when you don’t have someone to cook for. However I was getting a little tired of sandwiches and cereal. LOL
I decided I wanted some comfort food….some Mac n’ Cheese. Of course since it was just me this recipe gives you exactly 2 servings which was dinner and some leftovers…which I took to work the next day.
- 2/3 cup of whole wheat macaroni
- 3/4 cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 diced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms (if you like more add more, I used portabella)
- 2 Tbs of chopped stuffed olives
- olive oil
- Boil macaroni and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil into pan. I cooked my chicken breast with some McCormick jerk seasoning……mmmmm. Remove chicken.
- Saute the onions and mushrooms in the pan for about 5 mins.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, cheddar cheese, chicken and macaroni. When the veggies are done toss them in with the macaroni mixture.
- Pour mac n’ cheese into 3 cup baking dish….smallest thing you got….lol. Sprinkle over the top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 mins.
This turned out really yummy. This recipe will give you 2 servings, but I recommend doubling it because I wanted more when I was done. Also it is versatile, you can add any kind of veggie you want….I was thinking broccoli mmmmm.